Part of the advantage of having a regular, trusted veterinary resource is the reassurance that your pet always has access to a wide spectrum of health and wellness services. Casillas Veterinary Hospital is proud to provide such access to Montebello, Lynwood, and East Los Angeles pets. Our services include:
- Pet Wellness Exams - Most pets require annual wellness exams so we can check for any health issues that might develop into serious problems without early intervention. (Baby animals and geriatric pets or animals with special health needs should have more frequent checkups.) We perform lab tests, external inspections, vital sign measurements and other evaluations to keep a close eye on your pet's state of wellness.
- Vaccinations - Pets need to receive "core" vaccination against some of the most common and dangerous infectious diseases that threaten their health or even their lives. We administer several rounds of vaccinations early in life, followed by booster shots at regularly-scheduled intervals to keep your pet's immunity intact.
- Pet Dental Care - Your pet's mouth is vulnerable to many of the same problems that afflict humans, especially tooth damage, periodontal (gum) disease and oral cancer. We can perform dental checkups, oral examinations and deep cleanings to protect your pet against these dangers, administering treatment as needed.
- Spaying and Neutering - Spaying and neutering not only provides a valuable service in controlling the population of unwanted animals crowding shelters -- it also protects your pet's health by reducing the risks of cancer and mating-related misbehaviors that could put your pet in harm's way. We recommend sexual sterilization at 3 to 5 months of age.
- Microchipping - Microchipping inserts a tiny IF chip that sends a unique ID number to RF scanners if your lost pet is recovered. This ID number is stored in a national database containing your contact information so you can be reunited with your pet.
- Nutritional and Behavioral Counseling - Overweight pets are prone to obesity (which in turn raises the risks for several serious diseases), while behavioral issues may have underlying medical causes or simply be a matter of training. We can provide the necessary counseling to help you help your pet.
- Geriatric Pet Health - Senior pets are more prone to chronic illnesses. We can perform comprehensive wellness checks, treat age-related issues and advise you on how to optimize your pet's quality of life.
Schedule an Exam for Your Montebello, Lynwood or East Los Angeles Pet
The best way to keep your beloved companion's need for our services at a minimum is to prevent health challenges and deal with any issues while they are still in their earliest stages. Implement such a preventative veterinary care strategy right now by calling Casillas Veterinary Hospital at our Montebello, Lynwood or East Los Angeles locations to schedule a pet wellness exam and any necessary routine procedures. Our services can help your pet enjoy a long and healthy life!
The Casillas Veterinary Hospitals offer a full range of services for your pet, all available at a low cost. From vaccinations to spaying or neutering to basic checkups, our doctors will make sure your pet gets the best possible care. Details and pricing of some of our services are listed below. Basic office visits are $30.
Casillas Veterinary Hospitals recommends that dogs and cats be spayed or neutered after their second round of vaccinations. Please ask your doctor for details.
Between 8 weeks and 6 months, your puppy will need five rounds of vaccinations to prevent disease:
1. 1st DHP
Your Cost: $25
2. (Two weeks later)
Your Cost: $25
3. (Two weeks later)
Your cost: $25
4. (Two weeks later)
Your cost: $40
5. (Two weeks later)
Your Cost: $35
Dog Spaying/Neutering: Around 5-6 Months
It is advisable to spay or neuter your dog as early as 5-6 months, as there are health benefits. Ask your doctor for details.
Dog spaying (females):
· 0-20 lbs: $155
· 21-39 lbs: $165
· 40-59 lbs: $175
· 60-79 lbs: $210
Dog neutering (males):
· 0-35 lbs: $140
· 36-50 lbs: $150
· 51-80 lbs: $185
Please ask one of our doctors about larger dogs.
DNA Testing to Determine Breed: $200
Other Vaccinations (Dogs Aged 1+)
Rabies (3 years): $10
DHP-Parvo (yearly): $35
Parvo (every 6 months): $10
Bordetella (yearly): $25
Puppy Vaccination Program
Between 8 weeks and 12 months, your kitten will need vaccinations to build up its immunity to disease:
Round 1: Two to Twelve Months
1st DRCP-FELV (leukemia): $30
1st de-worming: no charge
Round 2: Three Weeks Later
2nd DRVP-FELV (leukemia): $30
2nd de-worming: no charge
Note: This is an excellent time to spay or neuter your cat, as there are health benefits to doing so during Round 2. Ask your doctor for details.
Round 3: At Three Months
1st Rabies (lasts 1 year): $10
Casillas Veterinary Hospitals offers everything else your cat needs to stay healthy, including yearly booster shots and worm/parasite screening.
Cat Spaying/Neutering: Around 3 Months
Cat spaying (females): $145 (all sizes)
Cat neutering (males): $100 (all sizes)